Lately I've been embracing lazy sewing, ie. no muslin, minimal hand sewing, etc. I know at some point I'll be getting back to sewing more involved projects, ie. my Style Arc Ziggi motorcycle jacket. I just haven't been in the mood for muslining though I did cut out a Cambie muslin so maybe I'm moving away from laziness?
Anyhow this was a productive weekend, I finished a pseudo Zinnia skirt and this April Rhodes Staple Dress . I chose the straight hemline with pockets. Admittedly it's maybe not the most flattering silhouette on me, through no fault of the pattern. I lowered the neckline into a scoop neck and used five rows of shirring. I think it would look best on a smaller bust with a larger waist to hip ration. That said I really like it for it's easy to wearness and how comfortable it is on a hot day. It also worked well with my stash. I used 3 yards of a scotty dog directional quilting cotton and felt like the combination worked well. I'm a bit larger that the measurements but there was more than enough ease so I think that someone with larger measurements than I could make it up no problem. I think I will make it up again because it's just so darn comfy.
Butterick 5678 Topper - I've known from the moment I started working on the original B5678 tunic that I would be lengthening the pattern and making it a dress. It has that easy w...
4 hours ago